Do I need building regulations approval?

Building regulations generally applies if you want to build an extension to your house, convert a loft, garage or basement, or alter any load bearing elements within your home. This process requires more detailed drawings and specification than a planning permission and provides information about how the building will be constructed. Regular inspections are undertaken at key stages by the council to ensure the building works are completed in accordance with the submitted drawings.

Millhouses Design Limited have a partnering agreement with Sheffield Building Control to provide our clients with a speedier and more simplified building regulations process.

The video below explains some of the key points.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s